Business Analysis: Microsoft Excel 2010
Using real-world examples, Carlberg helps you put Excel’s features and functions to work and get the power of quantitative analysis behind your management decisions.
Excel expert Conrad Carlberg shows how to use Excel 2010 to perform the core financial tasks every manager and entrepreneur must master: analyzing statements, planning and controlling company finances, making investment decisions, and managing sales and marketing. Using real-world examples, Carlberg helps you get the absolute most out of Excel 2010’s newest features and functions. Along the way, you’ll discover the fastest, best ways to handle essential tasks ranging from importing business data to analyzing profitability ratios.
Becoming an Excel expert has never been easier! You’ll find crystal-clear instructions, insider insights, complete step-by-step projects, and more. It’s all complemented by an extraordinary set of web-based resources, from sample journals and ledgers to business forecasting tools.
• Use Excel analysis tools to solve problems throughout the business
• Build and work with income statements and balance sheets
• Value inventories and current assets, and summarize transactions
• Calculate working capital and analyze cash flows
• Move from pro formas to operating budgets that help guide your management decisions
• Prepare business cases incorporating everything from discount rates to margin and contribution analysis
From the Back Cover
This is the most practical, wide-ranging, and useful guide to using Microsoft Excel 2010 for business analysis. Long-time Excel MVP Conrad Carlberg shows how to use Excel 2010 to gain insight and solve problems in virtually every area of business, from finance and marketing to quality management. Utilizing real-world examples, he demonstrates how to make the most of powerful new Excel 2010 features, including Sparklines, Excel Web App, Slicer, and Excel’s new Solver and calculation engine. Writing for managers and professionals in businesses of all sizes, Carlberg covers these and many other topics: ” Analyzing revenues, profits, cash flow, fixed assets, inventories, growth, working capital, and more ” Forecasting sales through regression and smoothing approaches ” Preparing business cases and pro formas that reflect market size/share, opportunity costs, discount rates, profitability, payback times, and contribution and margin analysis ” Using Excel’s built-in functions to measure product quality, uncover problems, and identify solutions This book will be indispensable for all Excel user who wants to gain a deeper understanding of where their businesses stand financially, and make better decisions about investments and business priorities. This book is part of the new MrExcel Library series, edited by Bill Jelen, world-renowned Excel expert and host of the enormously popular Excel help site, MrExcel.com.
- Shows how to use Excel to take total control over company finances
- Covers everything from financial statements and marketing to investment decision-making and quality management, using real-world examples
- Demonstrates powerful new features, including Sparklines, Slicer, and the new Solver
- Part of the new MrExcel’s Library series, edited by Excel legend Bill Jelen
About the Author
Conrad Carlberg is president of Network Control Systems, Inc., a software-development and consulting firm that specializes in statistical and database applications, and Beyond the Ledgers, a joint venture that develops and markets software coupling Excel to QuickBooks™. He holds a Ph.D. in statistics and is a many-time recipient of Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professional Award. He lives near San Diego.
- Paperback: 528 pages
- Publisher: Que; 4th Revised edition edition (June, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0789743175
- ISBN-13: 978-0789743176
[Normal] – QUE.Business.Analysis.Microsoft.Excel.2010.Jun.2010.rar (21.8 MiB)
[Direct] – QUE.Business.Analysis.Microsoft.Excel.2010.Jun.2010.rar
[Fast] – QUE.Business.Analysis.Microsoft.Excel.2010.Jun.2010.rar